I give this movie four stars (****). Why? I'll tell you.
First up: the characters.
Jack Sparrow--Well, nothing wrong here. He was pretty much the same, 'rum-soaked, wobbly-legged, pirate!' dude that he was in the last few movies.
Joshamee Gibbs--Nothing wrong here, either. He's perfectly normal. He doesn't appear much, but that can't be helped.
Will Turner--I can hear you now..."WAIT A MINUTE! HE WASN'T IN THE MOVIE!". EXACTLY. He WASN'T in the movie, and to me, that wrecked the whole thing. Character-wise, I mean.
Elizabeth Swann--She wasn't in the movie either. For me, it wasn't much of a loss; she annoyed me to no end.
Hector Barbossa--They ruined his character! I mean, he's been turned into a privateer with a bushy wig working for the British government! It's horrible, even if he WAS undercover in order to get to Blackbeard!
Blackbeard--Awesome villain. Nothing wrong here.
Phillip Swift--He's okay...kind of annoying, and seemingly stuck in the movie for no apparent reason. But okay.
Syrena--ANNOYING. Just annoying. I mean, she was in a tank for a good part of the movie. Come on. She's supposed to be evil, but then falls in love with Phillip...talk about cliche.
Angelica--She's even more annoying than Syrena. I can't stand her, and wish she would have died. XP
Second: The plot.
Nothing really wrong here; it was a good, strong plot. I love the myths and stuff about the Fountain of Youth. It was kind of scary, but then again, it was okay.
The love stories was horrible. The one between Jack and Angelica: HORRIBLE. The one between Syrena and Phillip: HORRIBLE. Enough said.
All in all, it was a great movie though, and should be watched no matter what the rant I posted above was. It was truly a good movie, if you can get past the cliches and the annoyingness. : )
I liked Phillip... xP
ReplyDeleteThis is Sallah213, by the way. :D