Sunday, October 23, 2011

Inkheart (not a movie review; more like a I'm-going-to-ramble-about-my-favorite-movie-and-why-you-should-see-it-and-you-can't-stop-me post. XD

To some, Inkheart might be a sterotypical fantasy story, and yet another knock-off of a book. To others, it might be a wonderful movie, with talented actors playing out scenes from one of the most entertaining stories of all time.
I am not ashamed to admit that I am part of the latter majority.
I suppose it might be because of the order I viewed the book and the movie in. When I was little, I listened to a few chapters of the Inkheart book on audio, but never finished it. Then, years later, I watched the movie and loved it. After that, I finished reading all of the books.
Then again, it might just be because I love the actors who were chosen to play in the movie. XD
Anyway, the actors did a spectacular job of portraying the characters.
Brendan Fraser does an endearing job of playing Mortimer 'Silvertongue' Folchart, while Paul Bettan does an absolutely charming reenactment of Dustfinger.
A few other actors in this movie are Helen Mirren, Jim Broadbent, Sienna Guillory, and Andy Serkis.
As well as the characters, the plot was amazing. It shows some of the best scenes from the book (Meggie defeating the Shadow, Farid's 'arrival' onto Earth, etc.), as well as new scenes that are created just as good as the book's other scenes.
All-in-all, this movie has a bit of everything in it. Magic, adventure, friendship, a magical monkey or two, the meaning of loyalty...I could go on, but I won't.
If you haven't seen this movie, go out and buy a copy. NOW. You won't regret it, I swear.
...
...
...
But if you do, not only will I NOT pay you the money that you used to buy the movie, but I will also demand that you give me a LONG and EXPLANATORY reason for why you didn't like the movie.
Oh, and watch this video. It's all about the best character in the WHOLE DARN MOVIE. XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhBIxXFFAgI&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!