Okay, technically, it's been here for about five days. So sue me. I've been so busy writing, I haven't had time to blog (yeah, yeah, I know. I barely ever have time to blog. So sue me).
For you newbies (of which there's probably only three at the most) who read my blog, I should probably explain.
...
...
No? You don't want me to? Well, I've got news for you--you're going to hear it anyway. : P
So, National Novel Writing Month is the technical term. The more oft-used term for it is 'NaNoWriMo'. It challenges a person to write a novel in one month.
The normal set goal is 50,000 words, but you can set it to anything you wish. 50,000, 10,000, 100,000, even 2,000! That is, for the Young Writers Program version of NaNoWriMo. I'm not sure whether you have to do at least 50,000 for the adult's version of NaNoWriMo or not.
For example. The first year I did NaNoWriMo was 2008. My word goal was 10,000. I got over that. For 2009, my word goal was 15,000, I believe. I didn't have a story idea, though, so I didn't get anything. XD
For 2010, my goal was 30,000, and I got...39,000-something. The story I wrote for that year was Sangre: The Phantom's Lair, which I got self-published on Amazon.
Earlier this year was something called Camp NaNoWriMo. Basically, you write two novels during the summer, or one novel (your choice). I was going to write one novel, but after a month and a half, I thought, "Oh, what the heck. This plot is going NOWHERE.". So, I started a fantasy novel, which many of you have heard about.
That one I had no set goal for, but I got 59,000-something.
So, this year's NaNoWriMo, I set my goal at 60,000. I think I can do it; right now I have 15,324 words. Almost a quarter of the way finished, I believe.
So, yes, you can have any sort of goal. XD
And, just for the heck of it: if you're not doing NaNo already, I DARE YOU TOO. See? And, just for the heck of it, all of my characters double-dare you.
Looks like you have to do it, eh? And if you don't...well, nothing really will happen. XD
For you newbies (of which there's probably only three at the most) who read my blog, I should probably explain.
...
...
No? You don't want me to? Well, I've got news for you--you're going to hear it anyway. : P
So, National Novel Writing Month is the technical term. The more oft-used term for it is 'NaNoWriMo'. It challenges a person to write a novel in one month.
The normal set goal is 50,000 words, but you can set it to anything you wish. 50,000, 10,000, 100,000, even 2,000! That is, for the Young Writers Program version of NaNoWriMo. I'm not sure whether you have to do at least 50,000 for the adult's version of NaNoWriMo or not.
For example. The first year I did NaNoWriMo was 2008. My word goal was 10,000. I got over that. For 2009, my word goal was 15,000, I believe. I didn't have a story idea, though, so I didn't get anything. XD
For 2010, my goal was 30,000, and I got...39,000-something. The story I wrote for that year was Sangre: The Phantom's Lair, which I got self-published on Amazon.
Earlier this year was something called Camp NaNoWriMo. Basically, you write two novels during the summer, or one novel (your choice). I was going to write one novel, but after a month and a half, I thought, "Oh, what the heck. This plot is going NOWHERE.". So, I started a fantasy novel, which many of you have heard about.
That one I had no set goal for, but I got 59,000-something.
So, this year's NaNoWriMo, I set my goal at 60,000. I think I can do it; right now I have 15,324 words. Almost a quarter of the way finished, I believe.
So, yes, you can have any sort of goal. XD
And, just for the heck of it: if you're not doing NaNo already, I DARE YOU TOO. See? And, just for the heck of it, all of my characters double-dare you.
Looks like you have to do it, eh? And if you don't...well, nothing really will happen. XD
I'm rooting for you!!!
ReplyDeleteHey, cool blog!
ReplyDelete