You know that fantasy series I was writing? Well, I'm still writing it. Problem is, I keep adding new things to the plot.
That poses a problem. Two or three, actually. One is that I have to rewrite a lot of the novel, and add a lot to it. And possibly go more in-depth (which means me learning to be much more patient).
I also think I've come up with a completely new title for the series and all of the books. Actually...I haven't come up with the new titles yet, but I will.
The most main idea I've added to the plot is that each of the major kingdoms in Elani--the Western Kingdom, the Eastern Kingdom, and the Elven Kingdom--each are in possession of a powerful artifact. One for each kingdom, and, conveniently, one for each book.
Right now I'm just making the artifacts magical stones that have powers (duh), but I'd like something a little more original. Like...I don't know. Here's a random list I brainstormed:
Scrolls
Weapons of some sort (swords? daggers?)
Stones or jewels
Crowns that used to belong to kings/queens from the past
Sorcerer wands
Yeah. I can't decide or think of something spectacular. I'll probably ask for help from friends over email or private messages, since I don't think people actually comment or read this blog much anymore (my fault. Sorry, guys).
I've also decided I want a Gypsy/fortune-teller who can use Tarot Cards or something to tell my main characters' fortunes. And perhaps new names that the Elves can give them at the end of the trilogy (although that's not as important, since I haven't even finished my first book).
So...yes. Comment if you have any ideas.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!