Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Presidential Elections...

I really don't see why people make such a fuss over presidential elections. Sometimes I think they exist solely to give people a reason to argue.

Now, by posting my opinion here, I'm not trying to start an argument. Heck, I don't even know which presidents any of my blog followers support, so I can't really start any specific argument.

To be honest, each of the presidential candidates for this year are not good choices. They both have their pitfalls and ridiculous ideas. However, if I absolutely had to vote (luckily I don't; the joys of being underage), I would be voting for Obama.

Why? Well, a lot of the things Romney is supporting are not things I support nor things I believe in. Two of the things he has implied he wants to do are:

1). Take away women's rights
2). Only help white people

There is the third thing with him being cruel to dogs... but I'm not going to go into that since I'm an animal activist and could start ranting. And I really don't want to do that. I'll rant about animal cruelty some other time.

Well, I for one don't want to have grown up in the modern days just to have the chance of getting a job and becoming an author taken away from me before I'm an adult. I spent 10 years of my life wishing I was a boy because of all the action movies I saw--I don't want to spend another five or so years wishing the same thing because I can't get a normal job.

Then the whole thing about only helping white people. I am very against racism, and when I heard him say something like, "I will always help Anglo-Saxons" in a speech, I got pretty angry. Because, in my mind, anyway, 'Anglo-Saxons' means 'white people'.

Obama, however, has said that he is for 'helping the people'. That means women, children, people with African origins, and everyone else.

And yes, he's for abortion and not having Christianity in schools. But those are things we, as a nation, can fix on our own--by deciding not to have abortions just because we made a mistake, or by deciding to homeschool or send our children to Christian schools. Chances are, we can fix things like that. It'll be a lot harder to fix stuff like nonexistent women's rights.

Yes, I know Obama hasn't been doing a very good job of it. But hey--at least he hasn't made things even worse. He hasn't taken away the rights of certain people. Yes, he has made mistakes with other things, but we're all human. Everyone makes mistakes, even presidents. Romney will if he becomes president, Obama will if he becomes president, everybody will.
Nobody ever is or has been perfect except Jesus Christ, and He is the one we should look to for guidance--not our president.

That's my take on it, and I'll end the post here with another reminder: this is simply what I said it was; my take on the presidential elections. I'm not trying to tell you how to think.

God bless.

Eruantien/Renna

1 comment:

  1. You make me so proud and you are so smart. I DID vote for Obama, and I'm so glad he won. Had he not there is a good chance my medical would have been taken away and you know how badly I need that. And yeah, Romney was cruel to his dog, which means he has no compassion. Who wants a president with no compassion? Not me. I almost cried when I read this. You are too smart for your own good. Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!