*cue evil laugh* This is probably going to bore you to tears! XD But, I need to write it up somewhere, because starstone plays an important part in one of my novels (Leaves of Silver, to be exact). So, I'll just write it up here. Prepare for a Geology class.
Starstone is a very sparkly kind of mineral. It looks as though it's a cross between quartz, silver, and something else unknown to people from Earth.
It's a favorite mineral to mine for in Solarii (that is the name of my fantasy world), because it has a special property--when thrown against a solid surface and broken, there's a huge explosion of light. It's kind of like the Solarii version of bombs.
Right. That's important because the bad guys use it in one of the final battles in the...fourth book, I believe.
Starstone also has a ton of different names. Humans merely call it 'starstone'. Elves have several names for it. The two that are the most often used are Solaclachan, which means 'light stone' in their language, and Rioclachan, which basically means 'starstone'. Other times, it's known as Elsarn or Elinsarn (both of which mean 'starstone' as well, but in a different dialect of Elven).
Let's see, what am I forgetting...Oh, yes. If anyone ever finds a way to crush starstone into dust without being disintegrated, it would ignite if someone put a flaming torch to it. In other words, it could become pretty good gunpowder (if only the Solarii inhabitants knew anything about guns).
Dwarves know about starstone, but I don't know what they call it yet, as I have not come up with a language for them. I should probably go do that...I have one word that I've made up for the Dwarves, and that's it...Two words, actually...Well, more on that later.
And that's the end of the Geology lesson! : D Feel free to leave comments...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!