Okay, since I haven't posted about anything besides music and randomness for a while, I'm going to post about two books that have made it onto my Top Ten Book List. *nods* This is not a review; it's me rambling. Sorry to disappoint.
These two books are "Isle of Swords" and "Isle of Fire" by Wayne Thomas Batson. It's kind of like a two-book series, in a way.
I think one of the reasons I enjoyed the books so thoroughly was because I tend to obsess over pirates. "Isle of Swords" and "Isle of Fire" both have pirates as the main characters.
Besides that, the books were well-written and entertaining--I literally couldn't put either of them down from the moment I got them from the library until I had to go to sleep. Then as soon as I got up in the morning, I started reading again.
Declan Ross is the main character in both of the books. Or one of the main characters, anyway. The other two main characters in the first book ("Isle of Swords") are his daughter, Anne, and a teenage boy they found on an island, whom they nickname Cat (the reason for that is because, when they discovered him, he had wounds on his back that had been inflicted by a whip called the Cat o' Nine Tails).
The main characters are more or less the same in the second book ("Isle of Fire") except for the villains--Bartholomew Thorne (who was in both books) and The Merchant (who was only in the second book). You see more of them in the second book than you do in the first, at least as far as I could tell.
Oh, yeah! Declan Ross and Anne are Irish! XD I would have had no need to say that, except for the fact that I'm pretty much obsessed with Ireland. *nodnod*
Anyway, in "Isle of Swords", Declan Ross and his crew have to stop on an island to repair their ship, I believe--it's been a while since I read the book, so I may be a little off at times.
Declan's daughter, Anne, goes off into the jungle to look for food. Declan sends one of his crew members to follow her and make sure she doesn't get hurt. She doesn't like this, and, at the first chance, she runs off.
When she reaches the beach (a different part than the others), she finds an injured young man. That is Cat.
Cat (though that's not his real name) has amnesia, so he can't rememer his past or name or anything. Declan decides to take him on as a crewmember.
I'm not giving you any more information than that, so there. XD You'll have to read it for yourself. Another thing that might get you more interested (because if I, for one, heard this about any book, I'd read it straight off)--Cat has a very dark past that he remembers in bits and pieces in "Isle of Fire". And he struggles with them as he tries to discover who he truly is inside.
So...yes! I won't go into the plot any further, because you need to read it for yourself! *cue evil laugh* Yep!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!