I just realized that I haven't been talking much about my writing, but that's what I am--a writer.
So. This blog post is dedicated entirely to what I've been writing, what I've written, and what I'm planning to write--scripts, novels, or otherwise.
Okay...first up are the novels, written, writing, or going to write.
The first novel I ever finished was--go figure--an Indiana Jones fanfiction. Long story short, he discovered a lost world where dinosaurs lived. And these dinosaurs could talk to him mentally. OI! No making fun! I was only ten for gosh sakes! That was where one of my very first, developed characters came in: Jason Jackson.
Yep. He's a bit too developed, actually. He's kind of a Mary-Sue; a character who might be or is a little too perfect. But I'm not planning on publishing a novel with him in it any time soon, so all's well.
The second novel I finished was--oooh, I can hear you now, tense and waiting--another Indiana Jones fanfiction! Ain't I original?! : D Anyway. In that episode, Indy went back in time with Jason Jackson and Short Round (from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom). They met up with two cowboys: Tom Lillard and Jedediah Smith. Tom is actually from another one of Harrison Ford's movies (The Frisco Kid), and Jedediah is actually from the Night at the Museum movies. Basically, they all spent the whole novel running away from the Sheriff. Whoop-de-do.
OKAY. The third novel I finished--and the first one I got published!--was a pirate novel called Sangre: The Phantom's Lair. First book in a series.
Here is where some of my all-time favorite characters appeared, pirates through-and-through. Jack Renegade, Scott O'Brien, Claude Picard DuPont... *sigh* It brings back memories of writing it...and memories of the hassles of getting it published. *sigh again*
ANYWAY. This one is about the main character--good ol' Jack Renegade--and he has to defeat the Phantom, who is the main bad guy. Look it up on Amazon. Either that or, if you have my email, or know me on a website where you can PM me, do so, and I'll give you the best summary I have.
Now, onto the novels I'm working on. Except I've probably lost your attention by now. But I wanna write a super long blog post today, and that's what I'm gonna do.
One of them is called Time Quest. I'm planning on getting this one published. It's basically about seven or eight different people from seven or eight different time periods. They're all magically thrown together, and they have to help each other with separate quests. Each time they finish one quest, they're magicked off to another time period to continue the cycle.
Another is called Troublemaker. I just started this one. It's about a character a lot of you know and love--FLASH SHADOWSTRIKE. XD Okay, yeah, I can imagine a few people who despise him, but whatever.
Basically, he's a troublemaker. Yeah, you weren't expecting that. Anyway. For the first part of the novel, he plays pranks at his high-school, goofs off, and basically causes trouble. The second part of the novel, he's framed for a crime he didn't do, and has to find out who did it.
I'm also writing a fantasy novel called Destiny. It is about four young hunters whose forest home is in the middle of a plague. The leader of their village gives them a magical item, and tells them to go to the King (all the way on the other side of the country) and plead for help.
They do it, running into a criminal-looking loner named Keallan Morogh. He helps them out a bit, and that's all I'm telling you for now.
Okay, last two ideas. The first is the second book in my pirate series. The title is Atlantis: The Demon-King's Curse. Basic plot: there's this demon-king terrorizing Atlantis, and James Firesteel (the captain of the pirate ship) decides to help them.
The last one is the third book in my pirat series. It's called Ireland: The Banshee's Cry. One of the crewmates have been kidnapped by Scott O'Brien (another crewmate)'s childhood rival, and so they go to Ireland to find him.
Also, I'm writing a script with two very good friends. It's an Indiana Jones script for the sixth movie. We're going to get it finished, then--wait for it, wait for it--send it to someone who is involved in the Indiana Jones movies! Awesome, eh?
Anyway.
Aww, did I bore you to death? Well, sor-ree! Gosh. I can hear you now, screaming at your computer screen..."WHAT IN DAVY JONES'S LOCKER WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?! DOESN'T JACK KNOW THAT WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO BESIDES READ THEIR LAME BLOG POSTS?!"
Yeahhh...Well, whatever. The next post is going to be the next edition of The Character Talk Show. So just deal with it. And tell me what you think! XD
Jax, signing out.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are encouraged and appreciated! It's always nice to know that there are still a few people who read this!